“The best way to find yourself is to lose yourself in the service of others.”
Given today’s fast-paced lifestyle, most of us do not have enough free time for anything. However, we cannot deny the fact that we have some responsibilities towards our society. You can do something for the society by taking part in volunteering and community services. It also helps you grow as an individual.
Benefits of Volunteering
The extra time that you spend can be put to better use. When you help others, it helps you to enrich your knowledge about yourself and society. For instance, you can simply engage yourself in volunteering activities in care homes.
Volunteering connects you with others:
A great way to make new friends is to actively work together with different people coming from different walks of life. When you take part in community activities, you get to know your neighborhood, which can be particularly beneficial if you are new to the area. It broadens your support network and exposes you to people who share common interests.
It gives you happiness:
Helping others brings you happiness and peace of mind. Knowing that you have contributed to the development or growth of an individual can instantly put a smile on your face. Whether you help at St. John the Baptist’s Church; or spend your time at a care home in Crawley, the satisfaction and the feeling of contentment are unmatched.
It is Fun and fulfillment:
It is an interesting way to have fun and merriment. It helps you escape from your jam-packed and monotonous routine. It helps renew your creativity, enhance your motivation, to peruse other interests that you might have longed to do on your ‘bucket list’.
Finding the Right Option
Opportunities to volunteer in Crawley and Horsham are numerous. You just need to find an activity that you enjoy and will be able to perform to the best of your abilities. Make sure that your commitment levels match the organization’s needs.
- Synagogues and churches like St Mary’s Church, and Horsham undertake various monthly and weekly activities for the good and enrichment of society. You can participate in these activities.
- You can also join organizations like the Rotary Club of Horsham and Crawley Lions Club, where various activities are lined up for the common good of society.
- You can work with The Crawley Museum Society which undertakes projects for retaining the town’s sense of local identity and distinctive history. The experience will be especially beneficial for the students of arts or architecture.
- If you are good with children, consider working with orphanages and community schools in Horsham. They often need skilled people to provide proper education to children
- Another good idea would be to spend time with senior citizens. There are many residential care homes in Horsham such as Ashtonleigh Care Home, where you can devote your time.
“I slept and I dreamed that life is all joy. I woke and I saw that life is all service. I served and I saw that service is joy.”